UFC fighter Ramiz Brahimaj (8-3)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Ramiz Brahimaj is a fighter in the welterweight division. He holds a 100% finish rate in his eight wins, all coming by way of submission.
After going 8-2 on the regional scene, Brahimaj was supposed to compete on Dana White’s Contender Series against current hot prospect Miguel Baeza; however, an injury during training camp halted that from happening.
Brahimaj would skip Dana White’s Contender Series entirely and make his UFC debut against Max Griffin at UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Teixeira on November 11, 2020. In the third round, Griffin landed an elbow to the side of Brahimaj’s head, and it tore his ear almost off his head.
Brahimaj returns to the octagon for his second UFC fight at Sasha Palatnikov at UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Gastelum. He kicks off the fight card.
When asked what we should expect from his fight, Brahimaj said, “Always expect exciting fights out of me.”
Here is a list of UFC fighter Ramiz Brahimaj’s favorite things
- Favorite food – Sushi
- Favorite drink – Arnold Palmer ice tea
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all time fight to watch – Micky ward vs. Arturo gatti
- Favorite knockout – Mike Tyson’s knockout of Larry Holmes
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against William Macário
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – College wrestling
- Favorite submission to practice – D’Arce
- Favorite athlete – Buvaisar Saitiev
- Favorite movie – Snatch
- Favorite TV show – Natgeo
- Favorite song – If I Ruled the World (Imagine That) by Nas
- Favorite band or musician – Nas, Biggie and Big L
- Favorite place to travel to – Japan
- Favorite video game – Battlefield and Red Dead Redemption
- Favorite animal – Siberian tiger
- Favorite hobby – Anything outdoors or hunting
- Favorite quote – “The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” – Albert Einstein
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Athletes series!