UFC fighter Vinc Pichel (13-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Vince “From Hell” Pichel is a fighter in the UFC lightweight division and is one of the most underrated in that stacked division.
After going 7-0 on the regional scene with seven knockouts, Pichel earned his way to compete on the 15th season of The Ultimate Fighter. He made it all the way to the semi-finals but would lose to Al Iaquinta.
While Pichel didn’t win the tournament to get a UFC contract, he would make his way to the UFC in 2012 and has never left – only losing twice in nine years. “From Hell” would pick up one of his biggest wins in 2017 by knocking out Damien Brown after being sidelined for nearly three years because of a torn labrum and bicep.
In his most recent win, he picked up a win over UFC veteran and legend Jim Miller at UFC 252 via unanimous decision, improving his win streak to two.
Pichel returns to the octagon for the first time in 2021 against Austin Hubbard at UFC on ESPN: Cannonier vs. Gastelum on August 21, 2021.
When asked what we should expect from his fight, Pichel said, “He’s never been knocked out, right? There is a first time for everything.”
Here’s a list of UFC Fighter Vinc Pichel’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Mexican or Italian- Honestly anything! I’m food whore
- Favorite drink – Elemental salt water (LMNT)
- Favorite color – Blood Red / Black – ‘like my soul’
- Favorite all time fight to watch – A few: Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonnar or Tito Ortiz vs. Chuck Liddell or Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler
- Favorite knockout – Any Mark Hunt walkoff
- Favorite of your own fights – My fights with Matt Bahntge or Anthony Njokuani
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – I don’t watch many other sports but I’ll check out the Super Bowl or World Series
- Favorite submission to practice – The one where you can hear him choking
- Favorite athlete – Michael Jordan
- Favorite movie – Tommy Boy/True Lies/Blood Sport/Texas Chainsaw Massacre/Night of the Living Dead
- Favorite TV show – Married With Children
- Favorite song – Highway To Hell by ACDC/ Liberate by Slipknot/ No rain by Blind Melon/ Adams song by Blink 182
- Favorite band or musician – Pennywise – ‘I grew up poor so I releated to them so much’
- Favorite place to travel to – New Zeland
- Favorite video game – Escape from Tarkov/Payday 2/MudRunner/theHunter: Call of the Wild
- Favorite animal – Cat- I think panthers are bad ass
- Favorite holiday – Friday the 13th
- Favorite hobby – Video games, and dirt bike riding
- Favorite quote – “I’m strong as hell, tough as shit, too dumb to quit”
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Athletes series!