UFC fighter Dwight Grant (10-3)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Dwight “The Body Snatcher” Grant is a UFC fighter in the welterweight division. He is also must-watch TV because he always tries for the knockout and tries to do it as fast as possible. In his 10 wins, he has seven knockouts or TKOs.
Grant started his career 8-1 and got the call to compete on season two of Dana White’s Contender Series. He fought Tyler Hill on June 19, 2018, and knocked him out in the second round – in what was a brutal KO. He was awarded a UFC contract for the knockout.
Grant would make his UFC debut six months later but would lose a close split decision. He would rebound with a first-round knockout out of Carlo Pedersoli Jr., literally at the buzzer.
“The Body Snatcher” would follow up his first UFC win with another win over Alan Jouban. Trying to capitalize off his two-fight win streak, he would face Daniel Rodriguez in his only fight in 2020. He would end up losing the fight; however, the referee could have EASILY stopped the fight after Grant pounced on Rodriguez after catching him with a right hand. You be the judge.
Grant returns for the first time in 2021 after battling COVID in December. He faces Stefan Sekulić at UFC 261, the first UFC event in front of a sold-out crowd in over a year. Don’t miss it.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Dwight Grant’s favorite things
- Favorite food – Peanutbutter and Jelly Sandwiches with chocolate milk
- Favorite drink – Milkshakes
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite all-time fight to watch– Mark Coleman vs. Ricardo Morais
- Favorite knock out – Muhammad Ali vs George Foreman
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Pedersoli Jr.
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Figure skating
- Favorite submission to practice – Triangle Choke
- Favorite athlete – Anderson Silva
- Favorite movie – Legend (1985)
- Favorite TV show – Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- Favorite song – Song of the ancients by NieR: Automata – (the piano version)
- Favorite band or musician – Utada Hikaru
- Favorite place to travel to – Japan
- Favorite video game – Lunar: The Silver Star
- Favorite video franchise – Final Fantasy
- Favorite video game character – Please don’t make me choose between Mario and Sonic
- Favorite animal – Tigers
- Favorite holiday- Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Playing Video games
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Athletes series.