UFC Fighter Fabio Cherant (7-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Fabio “The Water Buffalo” Cherant is a UFC fighter in the light heavyweight division. He was one of the best light heavyweight prospects out of the UFC, and he finally got his shot.
Cherant is a fighter that comes for the finish every single time out. His first four wins of his professional career all came by way of submission, and all but one came in the first round. His four-fight winning streak got him a call to compete on season three of Dana White’s Contender Series in the main event. The fight did not go his way, and in his next fight he took it out on Erick Murray Jr. – submitting him in 57 seconds at LFA 86.
In his latest fight, Cherant fought Myron Dennis in the main event of LFA 99. Cherant defeated Dennis via unanimous decision and won the LFA light heavyweight title. After the fight, he gave an emotional post-fight speech that made everyone fight back the tears.
“The Water Buffalo” returns to action at UFC 260 against fellow Dana White’s Contender Series alumni Alonzo Menifeild. Cherant stepped in to replace William Knight on THREE DAYS notice. Incredible stuff. He wanted another opportunity to fight in front of the UFC President, well he got it.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Fabio Cherant’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Chinese food
- Favorite drink – Canada Dry
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonnar
- Favorite knockout – Don’t have one at the moment
- Favorite of your own fights – My next one
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – X Games
- Favorite athlete – Me
- Favorite movie – Bronx tale
- Favorite TV show – Criminal Minds
- Favorite song – Got It On Me by Pop Smoke
- Favorite band or musician – Lil Wayne
- Favorite place to travel to – Arizona
- Favorite video game – Madden
- Favorite animal – Tiger
- Favorite holiday – Halloween
- Favorite hobby – Art
- Favorite quote – “Keep your friends closer and your enemies closer”
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Athletes Series!