UFC fighter Chris Daukaus (10-3)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Chris Daukaus is a fighter in the UFC heavyweight division, and he is one to keep a close eye on. He is riding a three-fight winning streak and has nine knockouts in his ten wins. Daukaus has only been to the third round once in his professional career, and that was his lone decision win.
Oh, and on top of being a professional UFC fighter, he is a Philadelphia police officer.
Daukaus made his UFC debut last year in 2020 at UFC 252. He fought and finished Parker Porter in the first round via TKO.
Daukaus returned two months later and finished Rodrigo Nascimento in 45 seconds on ‘Fight Island.’
Daukaus returns to action in the biggest fight of his career so far, when he takes on the No. 10 ranked Aleksei Oleinik at UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis. With a win over Oleinik, Daukaus will be in the top ten in just his third UFC fight.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Chris Daukaus’ favorite things.
- Favorite food – Buffalo Wings
- Favorite drink – Ginger ale
- Favorite color – Orange
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustaffson I
- Favorite knockout – Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping
- Favorite of your own fights – First amateur fight against Giancarlo Albelice
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Curling
- Favorite submission to practice – Arm Triangle
- Favorite athlete – Michael Jordan
- Favorite movie – Green Street Hooligans
- Favorite TV show – Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives
- Favorite song – Even Though I’m Leaving by Luke Combs
- Favorite band or musician – Angels & Airwaves
- Favorite place to travel to – Disney World
- Favorite video game – Mario Party
- Favorite animal – Gorilla
- Favorite holiday- Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Reading
- Favorite quote – “Once more into the fray” (first line from a poem)
Check out the rest of my ‘Humanizing Athletes‘ series.