UFC Fighter Dhiego Lima (15-7)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Dhiego Lima is a UFC fighter in the welterweight division. He has been fighting professionally for 11 years and is rarely ever in a boring fight. In his 15 wins, he has four knockouts and four submissions.
Lima is the only fighter to make The Ultimate Fighter finals twice. He did so in season 19 and season 25.
Lima is riding a three-fight win streak, the longest streak of his UFC career. He kicked off his win streak by knocking out Chad Laprise at UFC 231 in 2018.
Lima was out all of 2020 because of a neck injury. Thankfully, he is back! He returns to action against No. 13 ranked welterweight Belal Muhammad. A win over Muhammad would be gigantic and with vault Lima in the rankings.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Dhiego Lima’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Steak and rice
- Favorite drink – Sprite
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
- Favorite knockout – My brother, Douglas Lima vs. Michael Page
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – NFL, and NBA
- Favorite submission to practice – Kimura
- Favorite athlete – Lebron James
- Favorite movie – Happy Gilmore
- Favorite TV show – Friends
- Favorite song – God’s Not Dead
- Favorite band or musician – I don’t really have a favorite
- Favorite place to travel to – Brazil
- Favorite animal – Dog
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Eating
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.