UFC fighter Carlos Diego Ferreira (17-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Carlos Diego Ferreira is a UFC fighter in the lightweight division and also one of the best. He might be the most underrated fighter in the top 15 because he doesn’t get talked about enough.
In his 17 wins, he has ten finishes – seven via submission and three knockouts.
Ferriera is currently on a six-fight winning streak with wins over very stiff competition. The only two men to defeat him in his decade long career are Dustin Poirier and Beneil Dariush – a fight that he will have the chance to get back.
Ferriera might have only fought once in 2020, but it was his biggest win to date. He submitted Anthony Pettis in the second at UFC 246 and was rewarded a performance of the night check.
Ferreira returns for the first time in over a year to avenge one of his two losses. He fights Dariush at UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Volkov on Feb. 6, 2021. It is one of the best fights on the fight card and means a lot for their respective careers.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Carlos Diego Ferreira’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Steak
- Favorite drink – Soda
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – BJ Penn vs. Georges St-Pierre
- Favorite knockout – Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Anthony Pettis
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Soccer
- Favorite submission to practice – Kimura
- Favorite athlete – Conor McGregor
- Favorite movie – Taken
- Favorite TV show – Mayans M.C.
- Favorite song – Footloose
- Favorite band or musician – I don’t have one.
- Favorite place to travel to – Japan
- Favorite animal – Dog
- Favorite holiday – New years
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.