UFC fighter Macy Chiasson (7-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Macy Chiasson is a professional fighter in the UFC women’s bantamweight division. She is also the winner of the 28th season of The Ultimate Fighter, winning a UFC contract. In her six wins, she has four finishes – two via submission and two via TKO.
Chiasson only had two professional wins before joining The Ultimate Fighter. She would finish all of her opponents via TKO/KO on the show. She made her UFC debut by submitting Pannie Kianzad, ranked No. 13 in the division as of this writing.
After getting Kianzad, she would finish both of her next opponents via TKO.
After suffering her first loss, Chiasson most recently got back in the win column as she defeated Shanna Young via unanimous decision. She unfortunately only fought once in 2020 due to undisclosed medical reasons. SHE IS BACK, HOWEVER!
Chiasson returns to action at UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Volkov on Feb. 6, 2021, against No. 10 ranked bantamweight Marion Reneau.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Macy Chiasson’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – I absolutely love Lamb shish kabobs
- Favorite drink – Favorite drink besides H2O? A whole bottle of red wine.
- Favorite color – Black like my soul.
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya
- Favorite knockout – Jorge Masvidal vs. Ben Askren
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight with Pannie Kianzad
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Tennis
- Favorite submission to practice – Rear-naked choke
- Favorite athlete – Serena Williams
- Favorite movie – Deadpool
- Favorite TV show – Cold Case Files
- Favorite song – Rockstar by DaBaby
- Favorite band or musician – Travis Scott and J. Cole
- Favorite place to travel to – New Orleans
- Favorite animal – Belgian Malinois
- Favorite hobby – Tennis, Kayaking, and Standup paddleboarding
You can follow UFC fighter Macy Chiasson on Instagram.
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.