UFC Fighter Ricky Simon (16-3)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Ricky Simon is a fighter in the UFC bantamweight division. He is also one of the most entertaining fighters in that division.
Simon is a “Dana White’s Contender Series” alumni and a former LFA bantamweight champion. Before making his UFC debut, he had amassed a record of 12-1. Simon is also the only fighter to finish Merab Dvalishvili, who is on a roll.
A month before making his UFC debut in April of 2018, Simon knocked out Vinicius Zani at LFA 36 to defend his bantamweight title.
Simon is coming off a fight of the night performance against Ray Borg on May 13, 2020, at UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Teixeira. His win over Borg snapped the first losing streak of his career.
Simon was set to return against Brian Kelleher last September and on the first fight card of 2021, but COVID has put a halt to that matchup twice.
Thankfully, Simon returns to action against promotional newcomer Gaetano Pirello at UFC Fight Island 8 on Jan. 20.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Ricky Simon’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Sushi
- Favorite drink – Coffee
- Favorite color – Gold
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes II
- Favorite knockout – Jorge Masvidal vs. Ben Askren
- Favorite of your own fights – My fights with Chico Camus or Rani Yahya
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Football
- Favorite submission to practice – Any. I love BJJ
- Favorite athlete – Tom Brady
- Favorite movie – I Love You, Man
- Favorite TV show – The Office or Dexter
- Favorite videogame – Call of Duty: Warzone
- Favorite song – What They Want by Russ
- Favorite band or musician – Russ
- Favorite place to travel to – Mexico
- Favorite animal – My pup, Charlie
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Yelping the next restaurant I’m going to eat at
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.