UFC Fighter Lauren Murphy (14-4)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Lauren “Lucky” Murphy is one of the best flyweights in the world and a women’s MMA pioneer.
Murphy has been a champion just about everywhere she has competed. Some of those include Alaska Fighting Championship and Invicta FC. She is working on the UFC championship, and she is most likely one fight away, if not next.
Murphy is currently on a four-fight winning streak. Three of her four wins came in 2020, something only one other female pulled off.
“Lucky” is coming off a second-round submission win against Liliya Shakirova. Murphy was supposed to fight Cynthia Calvillo at UFC 254; however, Calvillo pulled out of the fight. Instead of being rebooked, Murphy stayed on the card like a badass and fought a debuting Shakirova. She won via rear-naked choke.
Look for Murphy to have another great year in 2021, and there is a good chance she will be fighting for a title.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Lauren Murphy’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Cheeseburgers
- Favorite drink – Juice
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite all time fight to watch – Cub Swanson vs. Do Hoo Choi
- Favorite knockout – Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rousey
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight vs. Barb Honchak, also one of my earlier fights from ACF vs. Willow Bailey
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – NBA or Wrestling
- Favorite submission to practice – Any and all
- Favorite athlete – Michael Jordan
- Favorite movie – Snatch or Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
- Favorite TV show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite song – Name by the Goo Goo Dolls
- Favorite band or musician – I have too many!
- Favorite place to travel to – To a beach
- Favorite animal – My doberman, Penny
- Favorite holiday- Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Eating
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.