UFC fighter Vicente Luque (19-7-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Vicente “The Silent Assassin” Luque is one of the best welterweights on the planet that not enough people talk about.
Since Luque entering the UFC in 2015, he has 11 finishes. Eight knockouts and three submissions. He has only had one decision win in what was a war with Mike Perry. Luque is must-watch television, in every aspect.
He only has three losses since 2015. He lost in his UFC debut and then lost to Leon Edwards and Stephen Thompson, the division’s very best. The silver lining of his losses is that every time he loses, ‘The Silent Assassin’ improves and gets better.
Luque is coming off of two wins in 2020. His most recent was a TKO win over Randy Brown. He trapped Brown against the fence and landed a nasty knee before Brown could get a hand on the ground to deem it illegal. It was beautiful yet brutal violence.
Luque returns to action for the first time in 2021 against former welterweight champion Tyron Woodley at UFC 260 in the co-main event.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Vicente Luque’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Irish Lamb Stew
- Favorite drink – Baileys Coffee
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Shogun vs. Dan Henderson I
- Favorite knockout – Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight vs. Bryan Barberena
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Rallycross
- Favorite submission to practice – D’arce and Anaconda chokes
- Favorite athlete – Ayrton Senna
- Favorite movie – Toy Story and The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Favorite TV show – Top Gear
- Favorite song – Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman
- Favorite band or musician – No one specific
- Favorite place to travel to – Ireland
- Favorite video game – Call of Duty
- Favorite animal – Dog
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Motorsports and cooking
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.