UFC Fighter Billy Quarantillo (15-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Billy Quarantillo is one of the brightest UFC featherweight prospects on the roster, although he is quickly becoming a contender. On top of being very talented, he is a finisher. He has finished 11 of 15 fights – six by knockout and five by submission.
After grinding on the regional scene, he got cast on “The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber.” He wouldn’t win the show, but he did get record one win. Following his stint on season 22 of TUF, he would go 5-1 on the regional scene, including a King of the Cage lightweight title win.
The UFC brass kept their eyes on Quarantillo because he got the opportunity to fight on season three of “Dana White’s Contender Series.” He would cash in on his opportunity by finishing his opponent in the third round and receiving a UFC contract for his efforts.
Quarantillo is currently riding an eight-fight winning streak and is having a great 2020 career-wise. He is coming off a great knockout.
On the second card of September, Billy Quarantillo knocked out Canada’s Kyle Nelson seven seconds into round three with one punch. Quarantillo weathered the storm of Nelson’s power in round one to come back to almost finish him in round two.
Quarantillo returns to action for the third and final time in 2020 against another Canadian fight, Gavin Tucker at UFC 256. They were supposed to fight earlier this year in April but COVID-19 put a halt to that.
When asked what we should expect from his fight, Quarantillo said, “Pressure and violence.”
Here is a list of UFC fighter Billy Quarantillo’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Chicken Piccata or anything Italian
- Favorite drink – Mountain Dew and Corona light
- Favorite color – Anything bright
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Arturo Gatti vs. Micky Ward I or Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonnar
- Favorite knockout – My knockout over Khama Worthy
- Favorite of your own fights – UFC debut against Jacob Kilburn
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Buffalo Bills football
- Favorite submission to practice – Triangle choke
- Favorite athlete – Josh Allen, right now
- Favorite movie – Goodfellas
- Favorite TV show – South Park
- Favorite song – It changes way too much, haha
- Favorite band or musician – Lil Wayne
- Favorite place to travel to – My hometown Lewiston, New York
- Favorite video game – 007 for Nintendo 64 (don’t play video games anymore)
- Favorite animal – My dog cooper (don’t tell my cat). I’m also a fan of octopus and how creepy they are 🦑
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Jiu-jitsu or anything outside
Check out the rest of my humanizing series.