UFC fighter Kai Kamaka III (8-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Kai “The Fighting Hawaiian” Kamaka is a featherweight prospect to watch. Kamaka is a fantastic wrestler with crisp boxing.
Since going 2-2 to start his career, he is undefeated and riding a six-fight winning streak. Before making his UFC debut in August, he had wins in Bellator, LFA, and King of the Cage.
“The Fighting Hawaiian” has had a good 2020 so far and has the chance to cap it off with another short notice win. After winning a unanimous decision against Michael Stack at LFA 87 in July, he got the call to make his UFC debut on extremely short notice against Tony Kelley at UFC 252.
The short notice fight paid off as Kamaka and Kelley went to war and won the fight of the night bonus and both received $50,000, deservedly so. Kamaka won the fight via unanimous decision.
Kamaka returns to action, again on short notice, this time against Jonathan Pearce at UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis on Nov. 28, 2020.
Here is a list of Kai Kamaka’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Steak & Fresh poke (Hawaiian style seasoned raw fish)
- Favorite drink – I don’t like soda, so I guess I’ll get with ICEE
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Canelo vs. GGG I & II
- Favorite knockout – Ray cooper vs. Chris Curtis
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight with Tony Kelley
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – NCAA wrestling
- Favorite athlete – Hard to say, but a guy that I love to watch compete and listen to a lot is Cary Kolat
- Favorite movie – 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
- Favorite TV show – Blue Bloods
- Favorite song – Warriors by Ky-Mani Marley
- Favorite band or musician – The Green
- Favorite place to travel to – Las Vegas
- Favorite video game – Madden
- Favorite animal – Pitbull
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Martial arts and Going to the beach
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Series.