UFC fighter Jared Vanderaa (11-4)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Jared “The Mountain” Vanderaa is a heavyweight to watch. In his 11 wins, he has only gone to the judges’ scorecards once. He has nine finishes – six via KO/TKO and three via submission.
Vanderaa is coming off a huge win, in which he was awarded a UFC contract. He competed on the latest season of Dana White’s Contender Series during week four. He fought Harry Hunsucker to open up the show and ended up knocking him out in the first round.
During his post-fight interview, he called out fellow UFC heavyweight Sergey Spivak for his first fight. Well, he got his wish. Vanderaa was scheduled to fight Spivak at UFC 256 but a positive COVID-19 test put a halt to it.
The bout was rescheduled and now Vanderaa makes his UFC debut at UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis on Feb. 20, 2021.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Jared Vanderaa’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Ribeye steaks with yams
- Favorite drink – Dark and stormy (Kraken Rum and Ginger Ale)
- Favorite color – Purple, Black, and Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Robbie Lawler vs. Rory McDonald II
- Favorite knockout – Peter Aerts highlight reel (Kickboxer)
- Favorite of your own fights – My Fight with Andrew Van Zyl
- Favorite submission to practice – Heel Hook and Peruvian Necktie
- Favorite athlete – Dennis Rodman
- Favorite movie – The Crow
- Favorite TV show – High School DxD
- Favorite song – Boogeyman by Terrorbyte
- Favorite band or musician – Korn, Slaughter to Prevail, and Motionless in White
- Favorite place to travel to – South Africa has been amazing but really want to go to Japan and Thailand
- Favorite video game – Persona series
- Favorite animal – Lemur
- Favorite holiday – Halloween
- Favorite hobby – Building Gunpla and watching Anime
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Series.