MMA fighter Jared Vanderaa (10-4)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Jared “The Mountain” Vanderaa is a heavyweight to watch. In his 10 wins, he has only gone to the judges’ scorecards once. He has nine finishes – six via KO/TKO and three via submission. Vanderaa will have the chance to fight for a UFC contract on Nov. 4, 2020.
Vanderaa is coming off a unanimous decision win. He defeated Tony Lopez to become the first SMASH Global heavyweight champion at SMASH Global 9: Black Tie Fight Night almost a year ago.
Two fights before his most recent, Vanderaa defended his EFC Heavyweight belt against Ricky Misholas. If there is one thing to say about “The Mountain,” he gets to promotions and captures belts. He says the UFC is no different.
Vanderaa returns to action for the first time in 2020, which is the biggest fight of his career thus far. He fights Harry Hunsucker for the chance for a UFC contract, as “Dana White’s Contender Series” returns from a month hiatus.
When asked what we should expect from his fight, Vanderaa said, “Flying triangles and teeping faces.”
- Favorite food – Ribeye steaks with yams
- Favorite drink – Dark and stormy (Kraken Rum and Ginger Ale)
- Favorite color – Purple, Black, and Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Robbie Lawler vs. Rory McDonald II
- Favorite knockout – Peter Aerts highlight reel (Kickboxer)
- Favorite of your own fights – My Fight with Andrew Van Zyl
- Favorite submission to practice – Heel Hook and Peruvian Necktie
- Favorite athlete – Dennis Rodman
- Favorite movie – The Crow
- Favorite TV show – High School DxD
- Favorite song – Boogeyman by Terrorbyte
- Favorite band or musician – Korn, Slaughter to Prevail, and Motionless in White
- Favorite place to travel to – South Africa has been amazing but really want to go to Japan and Thailand
- Favorite video game – Persona series
- Favorite animal – Lemur
- Favorite holiday – Halloween
- Favorite hobby – Building Gunpla and watching Anime
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Series.