UFC Fighter Giga Chikadze (12-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
The country of Georgia has been a hotbed for MMA fighters. In the past few years, Georgian fighters have taken the sport by storm, with a few of them really turning heads inside the UFC. One of the fighters is Giga Chikadze.
Chikadze is a former Glory kickboxer who is incredible on the feet. His first five wins were all finishes via TKO, with four of them coming within the first 2 minutes and the other in under three minutes. Simply put, Chikadze is a Georgian monster in the stand-up department, and he is ever-improving in his grappling.
Chikadze is on a seven-fight winning streak and is 5-0 in the UFC. He made his UFC debut in 2019 at UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Cannonier. He won a split decision against Brandon Davis.
Chikadze went 4-0 in 2020. He beat Jamall Emmers in March and then two months later put on a striking clinic against Irwin Rivera. He was actually featured in “Fighters you should know” where is showed highlights of his win against Rivera.
The Georgian fighter would return five months later, on Oct. 11, 2020, and defeated highly touted prospect Omar Morales. Chikadze would return one last time in 2020 against Jamey Simmons and finally get his first finish in the UFC – his patented ‘Giga kick.’
Chikadze returns for the first time in 2021 at UFC on ESPN: Reyes vs. Procházka, against his toughest fight to date, Cub Swanson. A win of Swanson will really announce Chikadze’s arrival in the division.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Giga Chikadze’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Khinkali and Khachapuri
- Favorite drink – Wine
- Favorite color – Black
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Erik Morales vs. Marco Antonio Barrera
- Favorite knockout – Roy Jones Jr. vs Glen Kelly
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Leo Pinto
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Boxing
- Favorite submission to practice – Triangle Choke
- Favorite athlete – Usain Bolt and Michael Jordan
- Favorite movie – Leon the Professional
- Favorite TV show – Peaky Blinders
- Favorite song – Shape of my Heart by Sting
- Favorite band or musician – 2pac
- Favorite place to travel to – Kazbegi, Georgia
- Favorite video game – Fifa 2020
- Favorite animal – Wolf
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Surfing, Skateboarding, and Hiking
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series!