UFC Fighter Brandon Royval (11-4)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Brandon “Raw Dawg” Royval is one of the best flyweights in the world. He is currently ranked No. 10 in the UFC flyweight division and has a chance to go higher on Sept. 22, 2020, at UFC 253.
Royval holds a 90% finish rate, with seven of his wins coming by submission. Don’t let that fool you, though, as he can knockout out his opponents as well. In 2016 Royval knocked out Danny Mainus with a knee in round one at World Series of Fighting 29.
Royval is also a former LFA flyweight champion. He won the title in spectacular fashion by submitting Nate Williams in 23 seconds via armbar in 2019 at LFA 79.
“Raw Dawg” vacated the LFA title when he got the call to fight at UFC on ESPN 9 – Woodley vs. Burns. Oh, and his first UFC opponent was a former title challenger, Tim Elliot. That is a tough first fight for anyone. Royval passed the test by submitting him in the second round via arm-triangle choke.
Royval returns to action on Sept. 26, 2020, at UFC 253 against No. 7 ranked flyweight Kai Kara France. He is the third fight on the pay-per-view, so a lot more eyes will be on him.
When asked what we can expect from his fight, Royval said, “Pure chaos. You can expect a battle and highlights between the both of us.”
Royval submitted Kara France in the second round via guillotine choke. Both men received fight of the night, and rightfully so. It was a fantastic fight for how long it lasted.
Royval isn’t taking a break. He returns only two months after defeating Kara France. This time he is fighting in a No. 1 contender fight against Brandon Moreno at UFC 255.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Brandon Royval’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Mexican
- Favorite drink – Gatorade
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Gilbert Melendez vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Favorite knockout – Anderson Silva vs. Chris Leben
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight for the LFA belt against Nate Williams
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Boxing and Hockey
- Favorite submission to practice – Triangle choke
- Favorite athlete – Nick Diaz and Anderson silva
- Favorite movie – Warriors
- Favorite TV show – South Park
- Favorite song – Tiny Dancer by Elton John
- Favorite band or musician – Metallica
- Favorite place to travel to – To the mountains
- Favorite video game – Call of Duty
- Favorite animal – Monkeys
- Favorite holiday- Halloween
- Favorite hobby – Going to Comedy shows and Volleyball
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.