UFC Fighter Julia Avila (8-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Julia “Raging Panda” Avila is one of the best bantamweight fighters in the world. Oh, and she was doing it while being a full-time geologist. Yep, she’s a badass.
In Avila’s eight wins, she has only gone to the judge’s scorecards three times. The rest of her wins have come by stoppage, with four of them by KO/TKO. She finishes fights.
Her lone loss outside of the UFC came from a freak injury back in 2018. She broke her finger, which left her bone protruding the skin. If it weren’t for that wild occurrence, she would have been undefeated; however, it happened.
Avila had her on a four-fight winning streak snapped last September when she lost a unanimous decision to Sijara Eubanks at UFC Fight Night: Waterson vs. Hill.
Before her loss to Eubanks, “Raging Panda” had a 22 second TKO of Gina Mazany at UFC on ESPN: Eye vs. Calvillo in June.
Avila returns to action for the first time in 2021 against Julija Stoliarenko at UFC on ESPN: Brunson vs. Holland on March 20, 2021.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Julia Avila’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Carne Asada
- Favorite drink – Wine (Cupcake – Red Velvet, it’s a red blend)
- Favorite color – Purple
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
- Favorite knockout – That one double knockout. Lol. It’s funny.
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight vs. Gina Mazany
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Competitive cheerleading
- Favorite submission to practice – Head and Arm choke; I get a slight adjustment is it’s applied properly.
- Favorite athlete – Every athlete
- Favorite movie – Batman (1989)
- Favorite TV show – Chopped
- Favorite videogame – Tetris and Mahjong
- Favorite song – Suicide Medicine by Rocky Votolato
- Favorite band or musician – Jack Johnson and No Doubt
- Favorite place to travel to – Mountains
- Favorite animal – Panda
- Favorite holiday- Thanksgiving (I got married on thanksgiving)
- Favorite hobby – Painting
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.