UFC fighter Arnold Allen (16-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth and — as human beings — have an extensive set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Arnold Allen is one of the best featherweight fighters in the UFC, yet he is overlooked. He very might well be the dark horse of the division.
Allen is currently ranked No. 10 in the completely stacked featherweight division and is riding a nine-fight winning streak, with seven of those wins coming in the UFC.
Allen got the call to the UFC in 2015 on short notice and fought Alan Omer. After losing the first two rounds, he pulled off a guillotine and submitted Omer, winning the ‘Performance of the Night’.
The Suffolk fighter has earned his ranking by beating tough fighters. He beat Mr. Finland Makwan Amirkhani in his third fight in the UFC. He retired former UFC title challenger Gilbert Melendez in an absolute beatdown in 2019 and most recently beat Nik Lentz.
Allen has said in interviews that he is three fights away from a title shot, and that is very true, if not less. There is a chance he will be fighting for the belt in 2022 if he keeps performing as he has.
After a slow 2020 with two fight cancelations, Allen returns to action for the first time in 2021 in the co-main event of the UFC’s return to ABC. He fights No. 11 ranked featherweight Sodiq Yusuff.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Arnold Allen’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – A greasy Bacon Egg Cheeseburger
- Favorite drink – Monster Mango Loco
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Michael Bisping vs. Anderson Silva
- Favorite knockout – Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Gilbert Melendez
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Football
- Favorite submission to practice – Rear-naked choke
- Favorite athlete – Manny Pacquiao
- Favorite movie – Snatch
- Favorite TV show – Vikings
- Favorite video game – Call of duty
- Favorite song – Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics
- Favorite band or musician – Iron Maiden
- Favorite place to travel to – Canada
- Favorite animal – My dog
- Favorite holiday – Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday)
- Favorite hobby – Mountain Biking
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series!