UFC fighter Impa Kasanganay (8-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Impa “Tshilobo” Kasanganay is a fighter in the middleweight division. He is actually making his welterweight division very soon. Kasanganay is one of the brightest prospects in MMA, and he is still so young into his career.
Kasanganay went pro in 2019 and fought six times. SIX times in his rookie year. The man loves to compete and fight. He ended his rookie year with a fight on Dana White’s Contender Series. He defeated Kailan Hill via a unanimous decision, but he didn’t receive a UFC contract.
“Tshilobo” got a second invitation back to the Contender Series against Anthony Adams last year and won another unanimous decision. He got the UFC contract that evaded him the first time.
Remember when I said Kasanganay loved to fight? Well, “Tshilobo” made his UFC debut against Maki Pitolo three weeks after winning his contract. He would win a unanimous decision.
Impa would return to the octagon two months later but suffer his first professional loss to Joaquin Buckley, in what would become a viral knockout.
Kasanganay returns for the first in 2021 against Sasha Palatnikov. He will be dropping to welterweight for the first time in his career.
Here is a list of MMA Fighter Impa Kasanganay’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Steak
- Favorite drink – Lemonade
- Favorite color – Perrywinkle Blue
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Israel Adesanya vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Favorite knockout – Yair Rodriguez vs. Korean Zombie
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight vs. Roger Pratcher
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Boxing
- Favorite submission to practice – Guillotine
- Favorite athlete – Vasyl Lomanchenko
- Favorite movie – Miracle
- Favorite TV show – Ozark
- Favorite song – Keep The Wolves Away by Uncle Lucius
- Favorite band or musician – Elevation Worship
- Favorite place to travel to – San Diego, California
- Favorite video game – Fifa
- Favorite animal – Lion
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Surfing ( lol I’ve been once, but plan to go more. I love it!)
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.