MMA Fighter Jerome Rivera (9-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Jerome “The Renegade” Rivera is one of the best flyweights not in the UFC. He will have a chance to fight for a UFC contract on August 4, 2020.
Rivera has never been in a boring fight, and in his 11 fights he has only fought to a decision once. Since his last loss to UFC fighter Brandon Royval, he has had two submission victories – one in the first round via armbar and the other in the second round via mounted armbar.
— UFC FIGHT PASS (@UFCFightPass) January 18, 2020
His loss to Royval was a freak accident. In the first 40 seconds of their fight, Rivera broke his own arm and dislocated his elbow at LFA 39. Rivera obviously had to be shelved because of it and he also had to have Tommy John surgery.
Rivera was supposed to rematch Royval twice but it never came to fruition. LFA 78: Royval vs. Rivera 2 was canceled because AXS TV suddenly parted ways with the promotion. The next rematch was supposed to headline season four of “Dana White’s Contender Series”, however, COVID-19 halted that. Royval got the call to the UFC and the rematch has been put on ice…for now.
“The Renegade” now has his chance at the UFC as he fights for a contract on season four of “Dana White’s Contender Series.”
Rivera explained what we should expect from his fight on the contender series.
“You can expect to see a flyweight version of Jon Jones, in a sense. I can strike. I can wrestle. I have Jiu Jitsu,” Rivera said. “I will be ready for all areas as a tactician but if I get dragged into a war, you best believe, you are going to see a true warrior. I will not give up. I will put every ounce of effort and heart that I have into this before I quit.”
Here is a list of MMA Fighter Jerome Rivera’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Chicken Alfredo with green chili
- Favorite drink – Root Beer
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite all time fight to watch– Dominic Cruz vs T.J Dillashaw
- Favorite knockout – Jon Jones vs Shogun Rua
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight with Zac Riley in LFA
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Football
- Favorite submission to practice – Triangle
- Favorite athlete – Demetrius Johnson or Kobe Bryant
- Favorite movie – The Outsiders
- Favorite TV show – Dragon Ball Z
- Favorite song – Thug Mansion by Tupac
- Favorite band or musician – Mac Miller
- Favorite place to travel to – Durango, Colorado
- Favorite video game – Call of Duty: World at War
- Favorite animal – Dog
- Favorite holiday- Thanksgiving
- Favorite hobby – Hiking/Backpacking
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.