UFC Fighter Darren Stewart (11-5, 1 NC)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Darren “The Dentist” Stewart is one of the best British fighters in the UFC. Stewart is always a tough matchup for anyone.
Stewart has won four of his last five under the UFC banner, with those wins coming over Eric Spicely, Charles Byrd, Bevon Lewis and Deron Winn. He was the first person to defeat Winn and take away his undefeated record.
Stewart was scheduled to face Marvin Vettori, who is now ranked No. 14 in the middleweight division on 21 March 2020 at UFC Fight Night: Woodley vs. Edwards. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the fight was canceled. The fight was moved to Cage Warriors 113 on March 20 against a different opponent. Stewart fought in the main event against Bartosz Fabiński. He lost the fight via unanimous decision.
Stewart is looking to rebound from his loss as he faces Maki Pitolo at UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Oleinik on August 8. A win over Pitolo gets Stewart that much closer to a top 15 ranking.
Here is a list of UFC Fighter Darren Stewart’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Chicken
- Favorite drink – Mango juice
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Joanna Jędrzejczyk vs. Weili Zhang
- Favorite knockout – Jorge Masvidal vs. Ben Askren
- Favorite of your own fights – Me vs. Eric Spicely
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Football
- Favorite submission to practice – Arm Triangle
- Favorite athlete – Muhammad Ali
- Favorite movie – John Wick
- Favorite TV show – EastEnders
- Favorite song – Any reggae/dancehall genre
- Favorite band or musician – Vybz Kartel
- Favorite place to travel to – Brazil
- Favorite animal – Silverback Gorilla
- Favorite hobby – Dancing
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.