UFC Fighter Montel Jackson (9-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Montel “Quik” Jackson is one of the best-overlooked fighters in the bantamweight division.
Jackson made his pro debut on June 24, 2017, going 5-0 and earning himself a spot on season two, week one of “Dana White’s Contender Series.” He defeated Rico DiSciullo by third-round TKO. While he did not earn a contract that night, he would find himself in the UFC less than two months later.
“Quick” made his UFC debut on 11-days notice, replacing Benito Lopez, on August 4, 2018, against Ricky Simon at UFC 227. He lost a hard-fought decision. “Quick” hasn’t lost since. Five months later, capping off a six-fight year, he submitted Brian Kelleher in the first round to earn his first UFC win.
— UFC (@ufc) December 29, 2018
Jackson returns to action for his second fight in 2020 against former top 15 ranked fighter Brett Johns on July 18, 2020, on Fight Island. They were booked for UFC on ESPN+ 31 but the event was canceled due to COVID-19.
With a win, Jackson has the chance to finally be put in the top 15 bantamweight rankings. Jackson was also featured on the ‘fighters you should know’ Youtube video put out by the UFC.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Montel Jackson’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Jamaican Curry Chicken
- Favorite drink – Squirt
- Favorite color – Black
- Favorite all-time fight – Thomas Hearns vs. Marvin Hagler
- Favorite of your fights – My next fight
- Favorite submission to practice – D’Arce Choke
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – NBA Basketball
- Favorite athlete – Marvelous Marvin Hagler
- Favorite movie – Heat
- Favorite TV show – The Wire
- Favorite song – Dreams and nightmares (Intro) by Meek Mill
- Favorite band or musician – Jay Z
- Favorite place to travel to – Thailand
- Favorite animal – Great Ape
- Favorite holiday – Thanksgiving
- Favorite hobby – “Doing whatever I want with no regard to others”
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.