UFC Fighter Calvin Kattar (21-4)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Calvin Kattar is one of the best fighters in the featherweight division. He is ranked No. 6 in featherweight rankings but he is still very underrated, which is dangerous for the division.
Kattar has five very impressive wins in his seven UFC fights. He is the only man to finish Shane Burgos and the only person to TKO Chris Fishgold. If his main event fight with No. 2 ranked Zabit Magomedsharipov would have actually been five rounds he would have snapped his seven-year unbeaten streak.
Kattar most recently returned to action against UFC veteran Jeremy Stephens at UFC 249, the first fight card back after the world went on lockdown. He brutally finished him in the second round via TKO, with a Boston elbow from hell, and then it followed up with punches.
— DailySportsDosage (@SportsDsd) May 10, 2020
It is only a matter of time before Kattar is fighting for the title if he keeps winning in the absolutely stacked featherweight division.
Kattar is doing a quick turnaround and fighting Dan Ige in the main event of the July 15, ‘Fight Island’ card.
When asked what we should expect from his upcoming fight he said, “madness.”
Here is a list of UFC fighter Calvin Kattar’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Chicken Parmesan
- Favorite drink – Synergy
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Micky Ward vs. Arturo Gatti
- Favorite knockout – Jorde Masvidal vs. Ben Askren
- Favorite of your own fights – Fight against Shane Burgos
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Football (Patriots)
- Favorite submission to practice – Arm triangle
- Favorite athlete – Tom Brady
- Favorite movie – Goodfellas
- Favorite TV show – Sopranos
- Favorite videogame – Halo
- Favorite song – House of the Rising Sun by The Animals
- Favorite band or musician – Frank Sinatra
- Favorite place to travel to – Brazil
- Favorite animal – Dog
- Favorite holiday – Thanksgiving
- Favorite hobby – Golf
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.