UFC Fighter Alexander Volkanovski (21-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Alexander Volkanovski is the UFC featherweight champion and is one of the best fighters on the planet. As of June 28, 2020, he is ranked No. 7 on the men’s pound-for-pound rankings. On top of being one of the best fighters in the world, he is an exciting fighter that dominates and finishes his opponents.
Our newest champ! 🏆
— UFC (@ufc) April 5, 2020
Since joining the UFC in 2016, he is undefeated in eight fights and has looked unbeatable. After dominating the long time featherweight king José Aldo, Volkanovski earned his shot at the featherweight title.
On December 14, 2019, Volkanovski became the first featherweight to beat Max Holloway in six years and snapped his 14 fight featherweight win streak, to win the featherweight championship. Volkanovski also became the first Australian-born UFC champion.
Volkanovski returns to action at UFC 251 on ‘Fight Island’ where he gives Max Holloway a rematch. If he defends his title, there is a case to say he is the greatest featherweight of all time.
UFC 251 takes place on July 11, 2020, on ESPN+.
Here is a list of UFC Fighter Alexander Volkanovski’s favorite things.
- Favorite food: Phở
- Favorite drink: Coke Zero or Pepsi Max
- Favorite color: Blue
- Favorite all-time fight to watch: Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva.
- Favorite knockout: Dan Henderson KO of Mike Bisping (though I like Bisping, that was a savage KO).
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA: Rugby League and Soccer (Football).
- Favorite submission to practice: Triangle, I used to think I couldn’t do triangles because my legs were too short, but once I got the technique right it was on.
- Favorite weight workout: Deadlift. I used to be so scared of the deadlift because of my back, but right now because I have my confidence back and you can load them right up I love the deadlifts. and I love the hip thrusts as well as I am pretty strong there and can hit some good numbers.
- Favorite athlete: Demetrious Johnson. As an athlete, I would have to say Demetrious as he is one of the fittest people I have ever seen. Some of the stuff he does is incredible. To be so fit in cardio, explosive and fast – he’s got it all.
- Favorite movie: Harry Potter, by far.
- Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones, even though the last season let me down a bit.
- Favorite song: Right now it is “Don’t Worry Bout It” by Kings.
- Favorite band or musician: Justin Bieber. He makes some good songs, he has some bangers that I like.
- Favorite place to travel to: Bali and Thailand. I have been fortunate enough to travel to quite a few different places for work so they aren’t really holidays – but I have been able to enjoy Bali and Thailand as holiday destinations.
- Favorite animal: A Monkey/Chimpanzee. I have heard stories from a zoo employee that they wouldn’t be so worried if a lion got out, but if a Chimpanzee got out they would be worried because of the destruction and their strength and how crazy they can be.
- Favorite holiday: ANZAC Day in Australia. Respect, good vibes, and playing two-up at the pub.
- Favorite hobby: Camping, hunting, and fishing.
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.