UFC fighter Kyle Daukaus (10-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Kyle Daukaus is a UFC fighter in the middleweight division. Daukaus is a very intriguing fighter with all of the talent it takes to be a real force inside the UFC. He has only gone to the judge’s scorecards twice, with all of the rest of his wins ending in submission victories in his ten wins. Five of his submission wins are from D’Arce chokes which is very impressive.
After going 6-0 on the regional scene, Daukaus came onto the radar of the UFC. He fought on season three of Dana White’s Contender Series and dominated his opponent. He didn’t get the contract that night, but White said he would be in the UFC at some point.
Well, after two more wins, he got the call.
In his UFC debut, Daukaus stepped in on 10 days notice, replacing Ian Heinisch to fight a streaking Brendan Allen, who himself won six straight. Daukaus and Allen went to war in one of the more underrated fights of 2020. Daukaus would lose the fight, but he impressed.
In his second UFC fight, he dominated Dustin Stoltzfus for three rounds to win a unanimous decision.
Daukaus makes his third appearance in the UFC at UFC on ESPN: Rodriguez vs. Waterson on May 8, 2021. He fights fellow prospect, Phil Hawes in what is the most slept-on fight on the card.
Here is a list of UFC Fighter Kyle Daukaus’ favorite things.
- Favorite food – Pizza
- Favorite drink – IPAs
- Favorite color – Navy blue
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo I
- Favorite knockout – Rory Macdonald vs. Tarec Saffiedine
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Jonavin Webb
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Lacrosse
- Favorite submission to practice- Rear-Nake Choke
- Favorite athlete – George Saint-Pierre
- Favorite movie – Rudy
- Favorite TV show – The Office
- Favorite video game – Call Of Duty
- Favorite song – Rock Steady by The Whispers
- Favorite band or musician – Mumford & Sons
- Favorite place to travel to – Disneyworld
- Favorite animal – My Dog (Nala)
- Favorite holiday- Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Golf
- Favorite quote – “If you’re comfortable with sacrifice and pressure and criticism and pain; if you can learn to focus on the results instead of always focusing on the difficulty… you can chase Winning, fight for it, and defend your right to catch it.” – Tim S Grover
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Athletes series!