UFC fighter Sean Woodson (7-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Sean “The Sniper” Woodson is an exciting and fascinating UFC featherweight. He stands 6’2, has a 79-inch reach, and has boxing most of his life. The Sniper is a fighter to watch.
After going 5-0 on the regional scene, Woodson was introduced to most UFC fans during season three of Dana White’s Contender Series. He took a fight against Terrance McKinney on five days’ notice and pulled off an incredible knockout to earn a UFC contract.
Three months later, on October 18, 2019, at UFC on ESPN 6: Reyes vs. Weidman, Woodson made his official UFC debut against a tough Kyle Bochniak and won via unanimous decision. It was an impressively dominant performance.
Woodson returned to action at UFC on ESPN 12: Poirier vs. Hooker against late notice replacement Julian Erosa. Woodson was on his way to another decision win; however, Erosa caught him in a D’Arce choke and submitted, handing Woodson his first professional loss.
“The Sniper” was set to return five months later but an injury forced to him to take the rest of 2020 off.
Woodson returns for his third UFC fight, almost a year later against another young, hungry prospect, Youssef Zalal, at UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Sakai on June 5, 2021.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Sean Woodson’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – “MY Oatmeal, not just any Oatmeal.”
- Favorite drink – Water
- Favorite color – Black
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Arturo Gatti vs. Mickey Ward
- Favorite knockout – Jorge Masvidal vs. Ben Askren
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Boxing
- Favorite submission to practice – Rear-naked choke
- Favorite athlete – Tyson Fury
- Favorite movie – Rush Hour
- Favorite TV show – Cops
- Favorite video game – Call of Duty
- Favorite song – Calling my Spirit by Kodak Black
- Favorite band or musician – Drake
- Favorite place to travel to – Colorado
- Favorite animal – Dogs
- Favorite holiday – Thanksgiving
- Favorite hobby – Playing video games
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.