UFC Fighter Chase Hooper (9-0)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Chase “The Dream” Hooper might be the youngest male fighter on the UFC roster, but he is one of the most exciting featherweight prospects.
Hooper came on a lot of fight fan radars when he got the chance to compete on season two of “Dana White’s Contender Series.” The then 19-year-old fighter dominated his opponent and was awarded a developmental contract.
After the Contender Series appearance, he fought three more times, and then at UFC 245, he made his official UFC debut where he fought Daniel Teymur. Hooper survived an early onslaught by Teymur and eventually finished him with elbows and punches.
— UFC (@ufc) December 15, 2019
Hooper is coming off his first career loss against UFC veteran Alex Caceres. It was an eye-opening experience for the young fighter, and he vowed that he would only get better.
Hooper returns to the octagon at UFC 256 against fellow prospect Peter Barrett. Caceres where he headlines the ESPN prelims.
When asked what to expect from his fight, Hooper said, “Hopefully, I’ll able to show that I’ve been improving and that I’ve been refining my skills to become more well-rounded overall.”
Here is a list of UFC fighter Chase Hooper’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – “Aside from m&ms, I’m a huge fan of chips and salsa. It’s a food that’s easy to binge but still feels somewhat healthy because of all of the vegetables.”
- Favorite drink – “Definitely coffee. It’s pretty much the only thing that I drink on a regular basis besides water.”
- Favorite color – “I don’t think I have a favorite color, but I tend to wear a lot of grey and black clothes.”
- Favorite M&Ms – “For a long time, it was peanut, but pretzel is starting to grow on me. It’s definitely a tie between those two.”
- Favorite all-time fight to watch– “Probably Bob Sapp/Minotauro from Pride. It’s a fun David vs. Goliath type of fight from the Wild West days of the sport.”
- Favorite knockout – “Anderson Silva knocking out Vítor Belfort with the front head kick.”
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – “Jiu-Jitsu. It’s the only other sport that really interests me other than MMA.”
- Favorite submission to practice- “I like doing some of the more obscure submissions for fun, but the rear-naked choke is a classic and probably my favorite to do because of how effective and easy it is.”
- Favorite athlete – “As far as fighters go, I’m a huge fan of both Demian Maia and the Diaz brothers.”
- Favorite movie – “I don’t really have a favorite movie because I don’t have the attention span to rewatch a ton of movies, but I really like the classics like The Godfather and Pulp Fiction.”
- Favorite TV show – “I am a pretty big fan of South Park.”
- Favorite song – “I don’t really have a favorite song, it kind of depends on how I’m feeling and what I’m doing.”
- Favorite band or musician – “I’m a big fan of 90s rap. I like Biggie, Tupac, Wu-Tang, Nas, etc.”
- Favorite video game – “I was a really big fan of the Battlefield series growing up, but more recently, I’ve been into Rainbow 6 Siege, and Modern Warfare (2019).”
- Favorite place to travel to – “I haven’t been to too many places yet, but probably Tulúm in Mexico.”
- Favorite animal – “I like dogs because of how fascinating it is to try and train and communicate basic commands and information to them. Also, the fact that many breeds have traits that affect their personalities and behaviors.”
- Favorite holiday- “Most holidays kind of disappoint me as an adult, because they never live up to the nostalgia, but the one that I enjoy most has to be Christmas because of how it changes a lot of people’s demeanor.”
- Favorite hobby – “Outside of MMA, and Jiu-Jitsu, which are considered hobbies by most people, playing video games is usually the only other major thing that I do. I’m usually too tired from training all the time, so I play video games as a way to relax and let my body rest.”
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.