UFC fighter Megan Anderson (11-4)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Megan Anderson is one of the best featherweight fighters in the world. She also is a fight finisher. In her 11 wins, she has only gone to the judges twice.
Anderson went pro in November 2013, and a year later, she was a champion, capturing the Roshambo MMA Featherweight Championship. She then fought for Invicta and, within three years, became the undisputed Invicta FC Featherweight champion.
Anderson then was signed by the UFC and was scheduled to make her promotional debut against Cris Cyborg at UFC 214 on 29 July 2017. She pulled out of the fight and ended up making her debut a year later in 2018.
Anderson is on a two-fight win streak, and most recently, she finished Norma Dumont via knockout in the first round.
Anderson returns to action at UFC 259 in the biggest fight of her career. She fights the best female fighter of all time, Amanda Nunes, for the featherweight title. A title fight that she has been hunting for since she got signed to the UFC.
Here is a list of UFC Fighter Megan Anderson’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Steak (medium rare)
- Favorite drink – Margaritas
- Favorite color – Maroon
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson I
- Favorite knockout – Francis Ngannou vs. Alistair Overeem
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Spelunking
- Favorite submission to practice – Rear-Naked choke
- Favorite athlete – Lebron James
- Favorite movie – Beauty and the Beast
- Favorite TV show- Vikings
- Favorite superhero – Thor
- Favorite song – Don’t have just one but a few are: ‘Hollywood’s Bleeding’ by Post Malone, ‘Rich and Blind’ by Juice Wrld, ‘Ambition’ by Wale.
- Favorite band or musician – The Who
- Favorite place to travel to- Haven’t traveled a lot but of the places I’ve been, Phuket, Thailand
- Favorite animal – Horse
- Favorite hobby – Video games
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Athletes series.