UFC Fighter Marion Reneau (9-5-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth. They are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Marion “The Belizean Bruiser” Reneau wears many hats. She is a fighter, a teacher, a business owner, a photographer, and a mother.
Reneau has been fighting professionally since 2010. She infamously was told she was too old to compete on the reality show “The Ulitmate Fighter”. Being persistent, she kept her head down and continued to win. She finally got her shot in 2012 to compete in the UFC and again, she won. UFC president Dana White publicly apologized to her about calling her too old.
Another big accomplishment in her career so far is that she is one of seven fighters who have beaten former UFC champion, Jéssica Andrade.
Reneau hasn’t fought since March 2019, when she lost a decision to Yana Kunitskaya. She was scheduled to fight at UFC 250 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, however, due to COVID-19, that fight card was canceled.
There is still hope that Reneau stays on the upcoming card that will take place on May 9, 2020.
Here is a list of UFC Fighter Marion Reneau’s favorite things:
- Favorite food – Italian
- Favorite drink – Coffee
- Favorite color – Periwinkle
- Favorite all-time fight to watch– DC vs Jon Jones 1
- Favorite knockout – Ronda Rousey vs Amanda Nunes
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Track & Field
- Favorite submission to practice- All chokes
- Favorite athlete – Florence Griffith Joyner
- Favorite movie – Queen Elizabeth
- Favorite TV show – Don’t have one
- Favorite superhero – Storm
- Favorite song – Ghetto Cowboy – Bone Thugs N Harmony
- Favorite band or musician – Ray Charles and Miles Davis
- Favorite place to travel to- Mountains
- Favorite animal – My Vizsla Pups
- Favorite holiday- Mother’s Day
- Favorite hobby – Photography and Gardening
Check out some of my other ‘Humanizing Series‘
Follow me on Twitter