UFC Fighter Kevin Holland (16-5)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth; however, they are also human and enjoy things like you and me.
Kevin “Trailblazer” Holland is one of a kind. He is a fighter that loves to fight. In 2015 he fought six times, and in 2018, he fought five times within the year. That is nuts. Not a lot of professional fighters can pull that off. Oh, and he is going on four in 2020.
Kevin Holland is getting a little frustrated with the grapple heavy fights he's been in. After all, he says, he's married and if he wants to be intimate, he'll do it with his wife.— TheMacLife (@Maclifeofficial) March 30, 2019
FULL: https://t.co/7DcMOYrO4L pic.twitter.com/U6MB3PEF2p
Before getting a shot on Dana White’s Contender Series, Holland racked up a 12-3 record. He even beat surging welterweight Geoff Neal via TKO to win the XKO Championship in 2017.
Holland got the call to compete on the second season of Dana White’s Contender Series. He easily won a unanimous decision but wasn’t offered a contract because UFC President Dana White thought he had a big mouth.
Two months later when Thiago Santos needed an opponent, Holland got a call. He fought Santos on two weeks’ notice. Holland lost the fight via decision but thoroughly impressed Dana White. After that fight, Holland won three of his next four fights.
Holland is having a year that most fighters would love to have, especially in the year 2020. He is 3-0 with two finishes and one decision.
He started it off with a 39 second TKO of Anthony Hernandez in May. ‘Big Mouth’ returned three months later with a walk-off knockout of Joaquin Buckley – who had his own viral knockout. For his most recent win, he defeated Darren Stewart via split decision.
Holland returns to action at UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Silva on Halloween. He will be looking to go 4-0 in 2020 against Makhmud Muradov on the main card.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Kevin Holland’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Burgers
- Favorite drink – Body Armor
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Any Jon Jones fight
- Favorite knockout – Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Basketball 🏀
- Favorite submission to practice – Standing submissions
- Favorite athlete – Kobe
- Favorite movie – The Town
- Favorite TV show – Power
- Favorite superhero – Batman
- Favorite song – A Lot by 21 Savage
- Favorite band or musician – 50 cent, DaBaby, and Lil Wayne
- Favorite place to travel to – Home to California or Philadelphia
- Favorite animal – My dog Drako
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Video games
Check out the rest of my ‘Humanizing Series.’
Follow me on Twitter.