UFC fighter Eryk Anders (13-4)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth. They are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
There aren’t many successful two-sport athletes in MMA. UFC fighter Eryk “Ya Boi” Anders is an exception. He played college football at the highest level at the University of Alabama as a linebacker.
After winning a college national championship, he found MMA a few years later. The new fighter went undefeated as an amateur and then went 8-0 as a pro before the UFC signed him.
Just to think, he started fighting eight years ago starting from scratch to where is he now. Anders is a problem for any opponent and he keeps getting better. The former Bama linebacker can outpoint his opponent, submit him, or he can flatline them like he usually does.
— UFC (@ufc) January 29, 2018
Here is a list of UFC fighter Eryk Ander’s favorite things:
- Favorite food – Steak
- Favorite drink – Fanta
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight – Undecided
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – American Football
- Favorite dream fight – “Whoever has the belt”
- Favorite athlete – Barry Sanders
- Favorite movie – Braveheart
- Favorite TV show – Dragon Ball Z
- Favorite superhero – Goku
- Favorite song – Smokin’ on purple by Lil’ Boosie
- Favorite band or musician – Tupac
- Favorite place to travel to- Brazil
- Favorite holiday- His anniversary
- Favorite hobby – Wrestling with his kids
Anders was scheduled to face Krzysztof Jotko on April 11, 2020, at UFC Fight Night 172, however, the fight card was postponed due to COVID-19.
Anders is fighting May 16, 2020 in Jackonsville, Florida against Jotko on ESPN.
You can follow UFC Fighter Eryk Anders on Twitter @erykanders.
Check out my other ‘Humanizing Fighters’